Monday, November 22, 2010

Lily's Birthday is less than a month away!

Well, Lily Claire is going to be ONE next month. That is simply unfathomable to me. I cannot even handle that it's already been a year. Its going by so fast it's breaking my heart. As someone who doesnt work and has been blessed to be able to be home with my daughter since day one, I didnt expect it to go by this fast. That old saying about not blinking or you'll miss it comes to mind. If I could rewind and do this year all over again, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I wish she could be a baby forever. She's been teething and waking up nights lately, and last night I got up with her around 3 and as I was rocking her back to sleep it suddenly occurred to me that pretty soon she was going to be too big to rock to sleep, and I sobbed for half an hour. Im sure if Josh had woken up and seen me he'd have thought I was crazy, but I couldnt help it!
Anywho I am planning her birthday part for December 18th, and it is going to be Queen of Hearts themed! Thats right, our little stinker is going to be the queen, and I am SOO excited about it. While, internally I'm sure I will be having a mini breakdown that my baby is a year old, Im hoping to distract myself with a great party! I have been recreating this costume for Lily to wear:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I also got her some black and white leggings to go under it, and a longsleeved red shirt so the tulle wont itch. Im also going to attempt to make this crown:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Although, to be honest I'm sure it will be a waste of time, considering our little nugget throws an absolute FIT if ANYthing is on her head- hats, headbands, bows- you name it. We will try to get a picture of her in complete attire. (:
Now does anyone remember the famous 'painting the roses red' song from the original Alice in Wonderland? Lily's fabulous uncle's have agreed to dress up as her 'card minions' for her, and I've even gotten white silk roses, I plan on splattering red paint on and making centerpieces out of.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I have a lot of ideas for decorations, and have been trying to make some from this tiny hotel room. Anyway, Im SOOO excited about her party, and wanted to put up a little preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment